Fix soft or no clutch pressure
Here’s how you can get the clutch pedal pressure back by bleeding air out of your slave cylinder. Unlike brakes, most hydraulic clutches have no bleeder screw to get the air out, so you’ll have to do some wrenching to get the air out. There may be a possibility of restoring some pressure on the road if you add more hydraulic fluid and remove the slave cylinder, which is only two bolts. You can then review the slave cylinder part at the beginning of the video. Click on image for video.
In case the steps in this video don’t work for you because your s!%t is too broken, or if you simply want a new master/slave clutch kit, scroll down for the link
When you have little or no clutch pressure and you just had to grid gears to get your jeep home, all may not be lost. There is a way to bleed air out of the clutch restoring pedal pressure getting you back on the road. In this video we go over how we fixed this issue, not a hard fix, you just want to make sure to mount the slave cylinder piston rod correctly so it pushes the clutch fork.
Parts and Tools:
- Amazon Prime Link for Clutch Master And Slave Cylinder: https://amzn.to/2AC35Qr
- Milwaukee 18-Volt Drill and Impact Driver Kit: https://amzn.to/366BwxM
- Husky Mechanics Tool Set: https://amzn.to/3kuGUzD
- Link for complete install of slave and master cylinder for clutch: https://youtu.be/j4ESmdy9ZZc
- Dealing With Car Insurance And Repairs – Jeep Accidental Crash Test Part #1: https://youtu.be/1NWLYx2P5Y8
Jump To Topics In Video:
- 00:00 How To Bleed A Hydraulic Clutch, Fix Soft Or No Clutch Pressure
- 02:54 Remove Hydraulic Clutch Slave Cylinder
- 03:48 How To Bleed Air Out Of Hydraulic Clutch
- 06:36 Install Hydraulic Clutch After Bleeding
- 08:56 Our Thoughts On Hydraulic Clutch Bleeding
- 11:46 Bloopers And Outtakes Hydraulic Clutch Bleeding
If you like this and it has helped or you have an idea to improve this post, feel free to leave a comment below. You can also send us direct feedback from Contact Us below if you so desire. Our mission is to help others through self-discovery and improvement, your journey begins with that first step.
See our shop for branded gear!
Check out Dining in with Danielle for great recipes!
See About Us author information!
Leave feedback, all information comes from our experiences, it can be flawed.
All videos are edited with Sony VEGAS Pro
Our video studio does have a green screen with umbrella lighting
All recording equipment is Sony and our main camera is the HDR-CX675 offering servo steadied filming and 5.1 sound.