A month left at the dock and we finally found our Sailboat Dinghy! Finding a new to us rigid ride inflatable boat and not just breaking the bank with a new one was a daunting task. We search from west to east coast Florida finding rubbish or way out of budget. Then we stumbled across Lifeline Marine Safety Services and found the dinghy that was right for us.
Funny the shop was just minutes from Cape Marina vs the miles we thought we needed to go to find that jewel. The staff at Lifeline Marine Safety Services was amazing, they helped us with minor issues with our new to us dinghy. They even helped us get the inflatable to the dock saving us time and effort.
Ones we had our dinghy she needed a little TLC and we also had to beef up our davit pully system. So in this video we go over how to replace a carburetor on a Nissan outboard. Then we add a 6 to 1 pulley system on our davits.
The parts used in this video:
- Carburetor compatible with Nissan Tohatsu Mercury 4 Stroke MF3.5 MFS4 MFS5 NFS4 3.5HP 4HP 5HP 6HP Outboards: https://amzn.to/3U3vTdC
- 7 to 1 pulley system: https://amzn.to/48FgQv8
Jump To In Video:
- 00:00 Intro
- 00:20 Bought our Walker Bay Dinghy at Lifeline Marine Safety Services
- 02:42 Cleaned Nissan Outboard Carburetor
- 04:14 Install 7 to 1 Davit Pulley System
- 09:19 Replace Nissan Outboard Carburetor
Tools We Love:
- Milwaukee 18-Volt Drill and Impact Driver Kit: https://amzn.to/366BwxM
- Husky Mechanics Tool Set: https://amzn.to/3kuGUzD
- Angle Grinder https://amzn.to/36FaC09
- Forney Easy Weld Welder https://amzn.to/3romDR1
- Welding Helmet https://amzn.to/3wOq58z