In this install and review of the Skar RP-800.1DM Marine Amplifier we show the features of this amp, and really put it through some rough testing conditions. In all our videos we don’t just turn it on and say it is great, we run things for weeks to months before we create a review. This amp has been off-road, running a 1 ohm for quite a few trail parties, and has worked with no issues.
After the install was complete, can say that skar is very conservative on their power rating, this amp rocks. We shortly found that with the amps gain all the way up we had to use the subsonic filter so as to not to smoke the coils in our Skar SVR 10-inch Subwoofer. When looking at amps for our SVR 10 we are glad we when with the 800 wat RMS and not the 1.500 watt RMS Skar amp, this amp isn’t like the other overrated amps you see on Amazon.
Tools And Parts:
- Skar Audio RP-800.1DM 800 Watt Monoblock Class D Marine Subwoofer Amplifier: https://amzn.to/3cXLk02
- Skar Audio SVR-10 D2 10″ 1600 Watt Max Power Dual 2 Ohm Car Subwoofer: https://amzn.to/3vKxmqN
- SoundBox 0 Gauge Amp Kit Amplifier Install Wiring & 2.5 Farad Digital Capacitor, 5500W: https://amzn.to/3qi1ohC
- Milwaukee 18-Volt Drill and Impact Driver Kit: https://amzn.to/366BwxM
- Husky Mechanics Tool Set: https://amzn.to/3kuGUzD
- Weather Stripping Used To Seal Speaker: https://amzn.to/2RZRrqa
- How To Install A Capacitor An Amplifier: https://youtu.be/wetAg-2VRYc
- Build Subwoofer Box For Skar SVR 10: https://youtu.be/-qHFqdbPiTY
- Review Skar SVR 10 On JL M600 Amp: https://youtu.be/7jB8j5IAXnA
Jump To In Video:
- 00:00 Un-Box Skar RP-800.1DM 1,500 Watt Marine Amplifier
- 02:49 Install Skar RP-800.1DM 1,500 Watt Marine Amplifier
- 10:10 Testing and final thoughts of the Skar RP-800.1DM 1,500 Watt Marine Amplifier
If you like this and it has helped or you have an idea to improve this post, feel free to leave a comment below. You can also send us direct feedback from Contact Us below if you so desire. Our mission is to help others through self-discovery and improvement, your journey begins with that first step.
Music From https://filter.one/
Music In Video: The Nerve Music – West Coast Cruisin
See our shop for branded gear!
Check out Dining in with Danielle for great recipes!
See About Us author information!
Leave feedback, all information comes from our experiences, it can be flawed.
All videos are edited with Sony VEGAS Pro
Our video studio does have a green screen with umbrella lighting
All recording equipment is Sony and our main camera is the HDR-CX675 offering servo steadied filming and 5.1 sound.