How to install a 1-inch transfer case drop in minutes to alleviate drive train vibration on lifted jeeps and trucks. Not a long project, but you could also have to modify your transmission house because you can’t shift. See that video if you have this problem after the install. https://youtu.be/JANY3n9G2Wo
So when doing this transfer case drop install, never take all the bolts out of the mount “skid plate”, you want to do only one side at a time. First, you want to get a jack and put this under the transfer case mount to help support the weight. Then lose the bolts on one side just enough to allow the other side both the mount one inch of room when you take out the bolts. Then repeat the steps for the other side, be sure that you tight all the bolts once both sides are complete, would hate for this to fall off on the trail.
Tools and parts:
- Rough Country Transfer Case Drop Kit Jeep Wrangler YJ | 4-6″ Lift: https://amzn.to/3ajAmlp
- Milwaukee 18-Volt Drill and Impact Driver Kit: https://amzn.to/366BwxM
- Piece Husky Mechanics Tool Set: https://amzn.to/3kuGUzD
Jump To In Video:
- 00:00 How To Install 1-inch Transfer Case Drop Kit
- 02:00 What’s In The Box For A 1-inch Transfer Case Drop Kit
- 02:31 Installing The 1-inch Transfer Case Drop Kit
- 06:28 Closing Thoughts On the 1-inch Transfer Case Drop Kit
If you like this and it has helped or you have an idea to improve this post, feel free to leave a comment below. You can also send us direct feedback from Contact Us below if you so desire. Our mission is to help others through self-discovery and improvement, your journey begins with that first step.
See our shop for branded gear!
Check out Dining in with Danielle for great recipes!
See About Us author information!
Leave feedback, all information comes from our experiences, it can be flawed.
All videos are edited with Sony VEGAS Pro
Our video studio does have a green screen with umbrella lighting
All recording equipment is Sony and our main camera is the HDR-CX675 offering servo steadied filming and 5.1 sound.