How to install a body lift most of the time is not that hard. Most of the time the hardest part is breaking the bolts loose on the factory mounts. We are actually dropping our body down from a 3 to one inch, we know that sounds weird to a few, A body lift does stretch components between the frame and the body, also it will add extra space between your bumpers and leave a visible gap people can see when looking at your ride.
When doing your install, you have to watch out for clearances like the fan or shifters. Nothing like starting your car for the first time after the install and the engine fan eating your fan shroud, and you can’t shift. With a 1-inch body lift or less, not likely to have any issues, but when you go high, expect to move stuff to make it work again.
Tools And Parts:
- Prothane 1-113-BL Black 1″ Lift Body Mount for YJ: https://amzn.to/3csq9UL
- TEKTON 1/2 Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench (10-150 ft.-lb.): https://amzn.to/3tZdXki
- Milwaukee 18-Volt Drill and Impact Driver Kit: https://amzn.to/366BwxM
- Husky Mechanics Tool Set: https://amzn.to/3kuGUzD
Jump To In Video:
- 00:00 How To Install A Body Lift
- 01:32 Unbox The Body Lift And Laying Out The Pieces
- 02:04 Where The Body Lift Kit Parts Go
- 03:05 Move Your Radiator For A Body Lift
- 04:20 Install Jeep Grill Cushion Mounts
- 05:36 Preparing To Install Body Lift
- 06:50 Remove Body Mounts On Jeep
- 07:33 How To Lift Jeep Body And Install Body Lift
- 10:52 Tighten Up And Torque Body Lift Bolts
- 11:48 Mount Radiator For New Body Lift
- 14:46 Our Opinion Of The Prothane Body Lift
- 18:49 Bloopers And Outtakes Installing A Body Lift
If you like this and it has helped or you have an idea to improve this post, feel free to leave a comment below. You can also send us direct feedback from Contact Us below if you so desire. Our mission is to help others through self-discovery and improvement, your journey begins with that first step.
See our shop for branded gear!
Check out Dining in with Danielle for great recipes!
See About Us author information!
Leave feedback, all information comes from our experiences, it can be flawed.
All videos are edited with Sony VEGAS Pro
Our video studio does have a green screen with umbrella lighting
All recording equipment is Sony and our main camera is the HDR-CX675 offering servo steadied filming and 5.1 sound.