This video shows how we installed a capacitor on our amplifier, how much amplifier capacitor you need what not to do with a capacitor. The sparks are real, and if you don’t be careful installing a capacitor on an amplifier in your vehicle, you can get really hurt!
Putting a capacitor in your car is a no-brainer if you have high amperage amps that need a lot of power quickly. The C rate, even of large capacity batteries is very low, and he the bass goes up, the power output for them deep lows may not be there. You could put in another battery to spread the load and double your C rate, but the cost would be higher and Capacitor will last a long time, probably longer than your car.
Benefits Of Capacitor:
- More stable current to the audio amplifier
- Help with hard-hitting bass Help amplifier run more efficient
- Reduce load on the battery from surges of power
- Reduce headlight dimming
- Cleaner audio to speakers improving life
Capacitor Will Not Help:
- Fix a battery the needs to be replaced
- Overcome a poor car charging system
- Make your audio louder
Related Videos And Playlist:
- Build Subwoofer Box For Skar SVR 10 || Jeep Mods E30: https://youtu.be/-qHFqdbPiTY
- How To Install Dash Speakers, Review Skar 4×6 || Jeep Mods E33: https://youtu.be/6zxT3KSCU4s
- Playlist For Stereo & Subwoofer Projects, Quest For Good Sound! : https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9…
Tools And Parts:
- SoundBox 0 Gauge Amp Kit Amplifier Install Wiring & 2.5 Farad Digital Capacitor, 5500W: https://amzn.to/3qi1ohC
- Milwaukee 18-Volt Drill and Impact Driver Kit: https://amzn.to/366BwxM
- Husky Mechanics Tool Set: https://amzn.to/3kuGUzD
Jump Points In Video:
- 00:00 How To Install A Capacitor On Your Amplifier And What Not To Do Intro
- 01:09 Taking The Capacitor For Our Amplifier Out Of The Box
- 02:40 How To Wire A Amplifier Capacitor In Your Car
- 04:34 How To Charge A Capacitor And What I Did Wrong
- 05:42 Putting A Load OnA Capacitor With 2,100 WATTs
- 06:59 Our Thoughts On Installing A Capacitor And The Requirments
- 07:41 10-inch Subwoofer Shakes Pictures Of Walls With 2,100 Watts
- 10:12 Shock with 2.5 Fared Capacitor
- 11:10 How To Install A Capacitor On Your Amplifier And What Not To Do Bloopers And Outtakes
If you like this and it has helped or you have an idea to improve this post, feel free to leave a comment below. You can also send us direct feedback from Contact Us below if you so desire. Our mission is to help others through self-discovery and improvement, your journey begins with that first step.
See our shop for branded gear!
Check out Dining in with Danielle for great recipes!
See About Us author information!
Leave feedback, all information comes from our experiences, it can be flawed.
All videos are edited with Sony VEGAS Pro
Our video studio does have a green screen with umbrella lighting
All recording equipment is Sony and our main camera is the HDR-CX675 offering servo steadied filming and 5.1 sound.