How we installed a Barricade Trail Force bumper with LED lights on our Jeep. The instructions for this bumper had to be the worst I have seen in a while, with the wiring not even included. If you have any mechanical skills you probably would not even look at instructions, I know we didn’t, but if you need them, we hope our video helps because Barricade didn’t.
Tools and parts:
- Barricade Trail Force HD Front Bumper with LED Lights for Jeep Wrangler 1987-2006: https://amzn.to/2LXZvbQ
- Compression Tester Kit (8 Piece Set): https://amzn.to/2IEEOji
- Milwaukee 18-Volt Drill and Impact Driver Kit: https://amzn.to/366BwxM
- Piece Husky Mechanics Tool Set: https://amzn.to/3kuGUzD
The fit of the bumper was pretty good, minus the back winch bolts you will see in the video. The wiring of the LED lights was really straight forward, and to run it right will take longer than the install of the bumper. You will also be entertained by our son and some of his friends as they patiently wait to go trailing while I finish video footage.
Jump To Topics In The Video:
- 00:00 How To Install Bumper With LED Lights
- 00:56 Removing Jeep Bumper
- 02:36 Install Barricade Trail Force bumper with LED lights
- 05:58 Barricade Trail Force bumper with LED lights D Rings
- 07:00 Install LED lights in Barricade Trail Force bumper
- 16:41 Test Barricade Trail Force bumper LED Lights
- 17:38 Our thoughts and bloopers of Bumper Install
- Heavy Duty Front Bumper
- 5/32″ Steel Construction
- 2″ x 0.120″ Tubing
- LED Accent Lighting
- High Strength, D-Ring Mounts w/ 9,500 lb Pull Capacity
- 2-3/4 Inch D-Ring Pins
- Built-In Winch Plate for up to 12,000 lb Winch
- Two-Stage Textured Black Powdercoat Finish
- Weight: 64 lbs
- Fits 1987-2006 Jeep Wrangler YJ & TJ Models
Perfect For Off-Road Use. Featuring two high strength D-Ring mounts, an integrated 10×4.5″ winch mount that is capable of supporting a 12,000 lb. winch, and two built-in LED fog lights, the Barricade Off-Road Trail Force HD Front Bumper is perfect for off-road use. Each bumper comes equipped with two 3/4 inch pin d-rings able to handle a load of 9,500lbs making them perfect for recovery.
LED Accent Lighting. This Barricade Off-Road Trail Force HD Front Bumper features built-in LED lighting in both factory sized fog light housings for impressive styling. These LED accents not only look great but also help you “see and be seen” even on the darkest trails to provide additional safety.
Heavy Duty Construction. Manufactured from 5/32″ mild steel plating and 2″x0.120″ tubing this Barricade Off-Road Trail Force HD Front Bumper is completed in a two-stage finish using epoxy pre-coating and high-grade textured black powder coating for long-lasting durability. The D-Ring mounts are welded both inside and outside for extra strength.
Easy, Bolt-on Installation. Barricade Off-Road Front Bumpers are engineered to be a direct bolt-on upgrade using just basic hand tools, so there is no drilling or cutting required for a clean straight forward installation
If you like this and it has helped or you have an idea to improve this post, feel free to leave a comment below. You can also send us direct feedback from Contact Us below if you so desire. Our mission is to help others through self-discovery and improvement, your journey begins with that first step.
See our shop for branded gear!
Check out Dining in with Danielle for great recipes!
See About Us author information!
Leave feedback, all information comes from our experiences, it can be flawed.
All videos are edited with Sony VEGAS Pro
Our video studio does have a green screen with umbrella lighting
All recording equipment is Sony and our main camera is the HDR-CX675 offering servo steadied filming and 5.1 sound.