Here we go over how to replace and troubleshoot a car blower motor. For testing, you will need a multimeter, but not too many tools required to remove and replace a car blower motor. Once replace you will be so happy to have cool ac or heat if you live in one of them cold places that aren’t Florida.
For most cars, the blower motor is located on the passage side of the car under the dash behind the glove box. To take this blower motor out and remove the motor from the housing we used a t-20 and t-25, and to remove the new motor we bought from the housing just a screwdriver. Testing of the unit we just looked for 12 volts, but once we had the motor out, all the black carbon left on my hands, it was clear the brushes in the motor were gone.
When installing the motor we did test it before taking the time to put it all together by just plugging in the wires. The install went quite
well, if you are older like me, there may be drink breaks, but if you have a youthful kid just outsource it to them. Once done enjoy the airflow, the bad thing about a busted blower fan is, there is no air and it rains a lot in Florida.
Tools And Parts Used In This Video:
- HVAC Heater Blower Motor with Wheel Fan Cage: https://amzn.to/3xzGNdH
- Electrical Test Kit: https://amzn.to/2PEk66O
- Milwaukee 18-Volt Drill and Impact Driver Kit: https://amzn.to/366BwxM
- Husky Mechanics Tool Set: https://amzn.to/3kuGUzD
Jump To In Video:
- 00:00 How to Replace a Blower Motor in Your Car And Diagnosing
- 01:13 Remove Glovebox To Get To Blower Motor
- 02:23 Remove Blower Motor From Car
- 03:51 Diagnosing Blower Motor And Resistor
- 05:05 Disasible And Reassemble The Blower Motor
- 10:13 Testing Air Conditioner Blower Motor
- 10:24 Installing HVAC Blower Motor In Car
- 16:22 Blower Motor Final Thoughts
- 18:23 Car Blower Motor Install Bloopers And Outtakes
If you like this and it has helped or you have an idea to improve this post, feel free to leave a comment below. You can also send us direct feedback from Contact Us below if you so desire. Our mission is to help others through self-discovery and improvement, your journey begins with that first step.
See our shop for branded gear!
Check out Dining in with Danielle for great recipes!
See About Us author information!
Leave feedback, all information comes from our experiences, it can be flawed.
All videos are edited with Sony VEGAS Pro
Our video studio does have a green screen with umbrella lighting
All recording equipment is Sony and our main camera is the HDR-CX675 offering servo steadied filming and 5.1 sound.