Easily Install Two Way Light Switch
We demonstrate how to install a 2 way AC light switch in minutes. Wire color codes and their placement at the light switch are explained. Make sure you use turn the power off before you start. If you are really worried about getting shocked, turn the power off for the entire house.
Tools And Parts:
- Voltage Probe: https://amzn.to/3bxNd3c
- Multimeter: https://amzn.to/3CETyFN
- Screwdriver Set: https://amzn.to/3jSiDWf
- Light Switch: https://amzn.to/3nKwVK0
Most of the time, the tools required to install a light switch are a flat tip and philips head, as well as a way to verify that the power is off. We used a multimeter in this video, but in previous videos we used a simple tone voltage detector. Tone voltage detectors are much easier to use, and you don’t need to touch bare wires to detect current with them.
Tone Detector Video Link: https://youtu.be/ruH2vGA0baQ
Tools We Love:
- Milwaukee 18-Volt Drill and Impact Driver Kit: https://amzn.to/366BwxM
- Husky Mechanics Tool Set: https://amzn.to/3kuGUzD
- Angle Grinder https://amzn.to/36FaC09
- Forney Easy Weld Welder https://amzn.to/3romDR1
- Welding Helmet https://amzn.to/3wOq58z
If you like this and it has helped or you have an idea to improve this post, feel free to leave a comment below. You can also send us direct feedback from Contact Us below if you so desire. Our mission is to help others through self-discovery and improvement, your journey begins with that first step.
See our shop for branded gear!
Check out Dining in with Danielle for great recipes!
See About Us author information!
Leave feedback, all information comes from our experiences, it can be flawed.
All videos are edited with Sony VEGAS Pro
All recording equipment is Sony and our main camera is the HDR-CX675 offering servo steadied filming and 5.1 sound.