How we installed the Rough Country 4-Inch Suspension Lift Kit with Shocks on the front of our jeep. The front suspension lift on any car is going to be the hardest, yes it’s because the front has the steering components. Stay till the end of the video where we give our thoughts on this Rough Country lift kit. We talk about the ride and other things.
The hardest part of the front lift was the steering, specifically the pitman arm. Creating the video for this I think was almost as hard as the install, well not really, but it was 36 GB for the install made days of editing.
Parts and Tools:
- Rough Country 4-Inch Suspension Lift Kit with Shocks: https://www.extremeterrain.com/rough-…
- Conical Pitman Arm Puller: https://amzn.to/39xiTFo
- Milwaukee 18-Volt Drill and Impact Driver Kit: https://amzn.to/366BwxM
- Husky Mechanics Tool Set: https://amzn.to/3kuGUzD
- 00:00 Install Rough Country 4-Inch Suspension Lift Kit Intro
- 01:58 Jackup And Remove Tires
- 03:03 Disconnect And Remove Sway Bar
- 03:26 Remove Steering Pitman Arm And Components
- 06:04 Remove Brake Line Bracket 06:13 Remove Front Leaf Spring
- 07:35 Install Front Leaf Springs
- 09:35 Remove Front Shocks
- 10:33 Align Axle On Leaf Spring
- 11:23 Modify Front Axle Perch For Rough Country Leaf Spring
- 13:50 Install Front Rough Country Brake Line Relocation Kit
- 14:11 Install Front Shocks 15:28 Install Rough Country Drop Link Extention
- 17:41 Install Front Rough Country Track Bar Bracket On 4-inch Lift
- 21:20 Install Pitman Arm
- 23:12 Final Tighten Of Leaf Springs And Look Over Install Of Rough Country Lift Kit
- 28:11 Our Thoughts On This Rough Country 4-Inch Suspension Install And A Few Bloopers
If you like this and it has helped or you have an idea to improve this post, feel free to leave a comment below. You can also send us direct feedback from Contact Us below if you so desire. Our mission is to help others through self-discovery and improvement, your journey begins with that first step.
See our shop for branded gear!
Check out Dining in with Danielle for great recipes!
See About Us author information!
Leave feedback, all information comes from our experiences, it can be flawed.
All videos are edited with Sony VEGAS Pro
Our video studio does have a green screen with umbrella lighting
All recording equipment is Sony and our main camera is the HDR-CX675 offering servo steadied filming and 5.1 sound.