Built a ported subwoofer box for our Skar SVR 10 powered with a JL M600 amplifier at 200 watts. The subwoofer box has a hair over 2 cubic foot with the ports. The ports stick out of the subwoofer box to give us more airspace for the Skar SVR 10. The box is 30 inches wide, 16 inches tall, and 9 inches deep, the ports are 20 inches long with 5 inches of the port outside the box. The frequency response of the box comes in at around 26 Hz and starts to fade at 90 Hz.
Shop Stuff We Use
- Skar SVR 10: https://amzn.to/3ecsa5u
- JigSaw: https://amzn.to/2ZuD2aA
- Gorilla Wood Glue: https://amzn.to/3bYxFD8
- Milwaukee 2691-22 18-Volt Compact Drill and Impact Driver: https://amzn.to/3cW3VrL
The box sounds much better with music than just doing a bass test but we are trying to give you real numbers. We could feed a lot more than 200 watts to this subwoofer with the Skar SVR 10 but we think this is plenty loud and does not overpower the rest of the sound. It is really hard to get good bass in a jeep, this is why the ports point toward the corners of the jeep.
To jump to points in this video:
- 1:30 What we don’t like about the old Skar SVR 10 box
- 2:44 Port location on subwoofer box for the best bass
- 3:53 Building the Jeep Subwoofer Box for the Skar SVR
- 5:37 Installing Port for Subwoofer Box with Skar SVR 10
- 6:59 How To cut a speaker hole in a box.
- 8:15 Putting in the Skar Subwoofer in a ported box.
- 8:57 Creating texture with normal paint for the Skar SVR subwoofer box
- 9:43 Wiring and Sealing our Skar SVR Subwoofer in the custom box
- 11:23 Testing Frequency Response of the Skar SVR Subwoofer In our Custom Box
- 12:18 The dimensions of custom subwoofer box for the Skar SVR 10
- 12:42 Our final thoughts of the Skar SVR 10 Sub and Custom Box
If you like this and it has helped or you have an idea to improve this post, feel free to leave a comment below. You can also send us direct feedback from Contact Us below if you so desire. Our mission is to help others through self-discovery and improvement, your journey begins with that first step.
See our shop for branded gear!
Check out Dining in with Danielle for great recipes!
See About Us author information!
Leave feedback, all information comes from our experiences, it can be flawed.
All videos are edited with Sony VEGAS Pro
Our video studio does have a green screen with umbrella lighting
All recording equipment is Sony and our main camera is the HDR-CX675 offering servo steadied filming and 5.1 sound.
1 thought on “Build Subwoofer Box Skar SVR 10 || Jeep Mods E22”
Thanks a lot for sharing your incredible ideas. It is an appreciated and pretty tip for all those music lovers. What a Fatal post for those who want to upgrade exist subwoofer with new one.