Fixing a coolant leak on our Jeep and how to remove and inspect our water pump. Here we remove the fan, fan shroud after draining all the coolant for our jeep. We go over how to remove the serpentine belt and were the tensioner is. Then we remove the power steering pump and the brackets that hold the power steering pump to give us clear access to the water pump. Finally, we pull the water pump, inspect the bearings and the weep hole for any issues that would have caused our coolant leak.
Water Pump and Gasket: https://amzn.to/322dRvz
Gasket Maker: https://amzn.to/2SnX8iM
- 1:10 Checking our radiator cap seal and spring pressure.
- 2:33 How to remove the mechanical radiator fan and fan shroud on our Jeeps Radiator.
- 3:35 How to Drain Radiator when the drain plug does not work.
- 4:30 Checking the water pump on our jeep for play.
- 4:56 How to taking of the Power Steering Pump and Bracket for our Jeep.
- 5:45 Removing all coolant hoses and explaining why Antifreeze is important.
- 6:07 How to remove the Water Pump on our Jeep.
- 6:50 Inspecting the coolant water pump to determine the issue.
- 7:41 How to clean up the water pump and engine block gasket surfaces than put the gasket on.
- 8:20 How to put the water pump back on and tightening the bolts
- 9:09 How to install Power Steering Pump brack and the Pump.
- 11:58 How to put all the coolant and heater hoses back on for our Jeep.
- 13:22 How to put the serpentine belt back on the engine for our Jeep Wrangler
- 14:38 How to put the mechanical radiator fan and fan shroud on our Jeeps Radiator.
- 15:27 How to tighten an engine belt and not burn up all your engine accessories.
- 16:06 Testing our water pump after fixing it to see if it would leak.
- 16:36 Driving to the parts store to get antifreeze.
- 18:08 How to add coolant to your car, jeep, etc.
- 20:34 Final thoughts on fixing the coolant leak on our jeep.
If you like this and it has helped or you have an idea to improve this post, feel free to leave a comment below. You can also send us direct feedback from Contact Us below if you so desire. Our mission is to help others through self-discovery and improvement, your journey begins with that first step.
See our shop for branded gear!
Check out Dining in with Danielle for great recipes!
See About Us author information!
Leave feedback, all information comes from our experiences, it can be flawed.
All videos are edited with Sony VEGAS Pro
Our video studio does have a green screen with umbrella lighting
All recording equipment is Sony and our main camera is the HDR-CX675 offering servo steadied filming and 5.1 sound.