How we installed the Rough Country 4-Inch Suspension Lift Kit with Shocks on the rear of our jeep. Since there are no steering components on the rear suspension so the installations was a breeze! We did have a few human errors during the install, but we hope you learn from our mistakes and your Rough Country 4-inch lift kit install good much quicker.
The one thing I like about the 4-inch Rough Country lift kit is that you don’t need a longer driveshaft or a slip yoke eliminator. With the angeled shims on the leaf spring pointing the pinion more toward the transfer case and the one-inch drop installed on the transfer case, we are good. If you want to see how we dropped our transfer case you can either go to the link below or wait until we release the full video for the installation of this lift.
- How To Install 1-inch Transfer Case Drop Kit – https://youtu.be/SzozWtF-6yw
- How To Install Rough Country 4-Inch Suspension Lift Kit With Shocks “Front Only” – https://youtu.be/S5OmyMnM6aU
- How To Fix Shifter After Transfer Case Drop Or Body Lift – https://youtu.be/JANY3n9G2Wo
- How To Remove Stuck Pitman Arm – https://youtu.be/Fr6JY-fWk3M
Parts and Tools:
- Rough Country 4-Inch Suspension Lift Kit with Shocks: https://www.extremeterrain.com/rough-…
- Conical Pitman Arm Puller: https://amzn.to/39xiTFo Milwaukee 18-Volt Drill and Impact Driver Kit: https://amzn.to/366BwxM
- Husky Mechanics Tool Set: https://amzn.to/3kuGUzD
Chapters In Video:
- 00:00 Install Rough Country 4-Inch Suspension Lift Kit Rear Intro
- 02:01 Moving Rear Brake Down Line For 4-inch Lift
- 02:23 Removing Rear U-Bolts On Jeep YJ
- 02:57 Removing Rear Leaf Springs On Jeep YJ
- 03:51 Removing Rear Shocks On Jeep YJ
- 04:22 Removing Rear Track Bar On Jeep YJ
- 04:45 Installing 4-inch Lift Rear Leaf Springs On Jeep YJ
- 06:57 Installing Raised Leaf Spring Bump Stop On Jeep YJ
- 08:36 Install Track Bar Relocation Mount On Jeep YJ
- 10:51 Install Rear Shocks On Jeep YJ
- 12:27 Final Check After Install On Rough Country $-inch Lift
- 13:41 Our Thoughts On This Rough Country 4-Inch Suspension Install
- 16:24 Bloopers And Outtakes During The Rear Install Of Rough Country 4-inch Lift On Jeep Wrangler YJ
If you like this and it has helped or you have an idea to improve this post, feel free to leave a comment below. You can also send us direct feedback from Contact Us below if you so desire. Our mission is to help others through self-discovery and improvement, your journey begins with that first step.
See our shop for branded gear!
Check out Dining in with Danielle for great recipes!
See About Us author information!
Leave feedback, all information comes from our experiences, it can be flawed.
All videos are edited with Sony VEGAS Pro
Our video studio does have a green screen with umbrella lighting
All recording equipment is Sony and our main camera is the HDR-CX675 offering servo steadied filming and 5.1 sound.