Getting The Power You Need On The Go!
We picked up this Foval 200 watt invert to hit the road in a off grid living solution. In this video we test the Foval 200w Inverter to see if it will provide the power we need. Our needs for the short term are low, and this Foval 200w Inverter should bridge the gap before our long term needs.
First thing I have to point out is that this Inverter is more power than the fuse a car DC outlet can usually handle. Most car DC outlets can handle around a 150w Invert with the overhead the Invert draws on top of the AC voltage. So to run this inverter to the fullest we would have to directly connect it to the battery, not going to do that.
The one this I do like a lot about this Foval 200w Inverter is the Low Battery cutt of at 9.6v. This is a great feature that is the difference between you living at your because your ride won’t start. Or you now have the power you need to start your car to keep the party going. This low voltage shutoff also protects you from damaging your cars 12v battery by drawing it down to far.
Another thing I like is that the USB outlets run on another circuit on the inverter and are always on. Were we are going our priority will be to keep our phones charged for navigation and communication. We don’t need to add extra draw on the car battery running the AC invert all the time. We only need the Foval 200w of inverted power for a few hours once the sun set for light entertainment.
- Would I recommend this inverter? Yes, it has its applications at a great price.
- Would I have bought anything different for long term use? Yes, like I said, this is too big to run at at max output on the DC outlet. For future need we are going to need a much larger inverter in the future. But, this is only a short term solution and we do all we need right now.
We hope this helped at least for though road warriors looking for a little extra power on them trips. If you have any feedback, please leave a comment, and consider following us. We are making big changes to our content and would love for you to join us on our adventures.
Tools We Love:
- Milwaukee 18-Volt Drill and Impact Driver Kit: https://amzn.to/366BwxM
- Husky Mechanics Tool Set: https://amzn.to/3kuGUzD
- Angle Grinder https://amzn.to/36FaC09
- Forney Easy Weld Welder https://amzn.to/3romDR1
- Welding Helmet https://amzn.to/3wOq58z