Fixing Dash And New Aux Switch Solution
Time to install our Aux switches in the dash of our Jeep and not hanging at our feet. After the install of AC in our Jeep wrangler, there is limited space under the dash, but really not hard to install the switches in the dash. We also have to repair some cracks in our dash caused by an accident and the previous owners.
J-B Weld: https://amzn.to/2WxHhmM
The wiring of the switch is much more complex than what was shown in this video. Here we focus more on a great place to mount AUX switches in a Jeep YJ. This video is a small part of a larger Jeep rewire project. We thought this would be great to share as we continue to edit the more complete content.
The reason for this part of the project was the switches, due to the install of the AC, where hanging below the dash. We think that the dash looks so much better and how they should have been installed in the first place. These switches are wired to relays with bus bars and more complex systems to come soon.
- 00:00 How To Install Aux Switches In-Dash
- 01:50 How To Remove Jeep YJ Dash
- 03:00 How To Repair Dash With JB Weld
- 03:18 How To Use JB Weld
- 05:28 How To Install AUX Switch In Jeep YJ Dash
- 06:01 How To Install Jeep YJ Dash
- 07:38 Test AUX Switch On Light Bar And Fog Lights
- 08:48 Our Final Thoughts Of Switch Install In-Dash
- 12:27 How To Install Aux Switches In-Dash Outtakes
Tools We Love:
- Milwaukee 18-Volt Drill and Impact Driver Kit: https://amzn.to/366BwxM
- Husky Mechanics Tool Set: https://amzn.to/3kuGUzD
- Angle Grinder https://amzn.to/36FaC09
- Forney Easy Weld Welder https://amzn.to/3romDR1
- Welding Helmet https://amzn.to/3wOq58z
If you like this and it has helped or you have an idea to improve this post, feel free to leave a comment below. You can also send us direct feedback from Contact Us below if you so desire. Our mission is to help others through self-discovery and improvement, your journey begins with that first step.
See our shop for branded gear!
Check out Dining in with Danielle for great recipes!
See About Us author information!
Leave feedback, all information comes from our experiences, it can be flawed.
All videos are edited with Sony VEGAS Pro
All recording equipment is Sony and our main camera is the HDR-CX675 offering servo steadied filming and 5.1 sound.