Why We Installed Electric Fan
Here we go over how we wired an electric fan with thermostat control that turns only runs with the ignition on. We are installing this because after we installed AC, we now have heat issues while not moving. Once driving down the road the heat issue will go away due to the airflow of movement, but this is not a good solution, especially on the trail.
Tools And Parts Used:
- 16 Inch Electric Radiator Cooling Fan Mounting Kit & 175-185 Degree Thermostat Relay Switch Kit Black: https://amzn.to/3k3ZIbX
- TICONN 200PCS Heat Shrink Butt Connectors Kit: https://amzn.to/3xAYTeL
- Split Wire Loom Tubing Wire Conduit: https://amzn.to/3xwFs6Z
- GS Power 14 AWG (True American Wire Gauge: https://amzn.to/2TVF5UQ
- Milwaukee 18-Volt Drill and Impact Driver Kit: https://amzn.to/366BwxM
- Husky Mechanics Tool Set: https://amzn.to/3kuGUzD
radiator fan switch relay diagram
Improvements After Electric Fan Install
We did not install an electric fan for more HP, Torque, or better MPG, but we did see improvements even if sight both with the New AC on and off. We didn’t Dyno the jeep, but the in the seat acceleration from a stop had a noticeable difference with our little 2.5L Jeep engine. The MPG just with the little driving we have been doing has improved about one MPG, with fuel prices right now every little bit helps.
What We Have Done To This Jeep To Improve MPG And Performance
The fan is not the only thing we have done to this Jeep, we have a lot of YouTube projects, so your results may vary from ours. We did the greatest performance gain project on this Jeep was the gear change going to 4:88 from 4:10. We have also replaced every senor, filter, plug, etc in Youtube videos making this little jeep run great.
- Jeep Dana 30 & 35 Ring And Pinion Change 4.10 to 4.88 https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9…
- Jeep Wrangler YJ Modifications And Repairs https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9…
Jump To Topics In Video:
- 00:00 How To Wire An Electric Radiator Fan with Thermostat And Ignition Off
- 03:50 Removing A Radiator To Install Aftermarket Electric Fan
- 08:43 How To Mount Electric Aftermarket Fan To Radiator
- 11:51 Install Additional Temperature Switch And Wiring In Relay and Fuses For Electric Fan
- 15:36 How To Use JB Weld, We Use It To Fix Radiator Mounts
- 16:14 Install Radiator With Aftermarket Electric Fan Mounted To It
- 17:09 Going Over Aftermarket Electric Fan Wiring After Its All Run
- 18:27 Testing Our Newly Installed Electric Aftermarket Fan With Temperature Switch
- 20:03 Cleaned Up Wiring For Electric Fan Install On Jeep YJ
- 20:43 Finally Thoughts Of Jeep Project
- 23:17 Outtakes How To Wire An Electric Radiator Fan with Thermostat And Ignition Off
If you like this and it has helped or you have an idea to improve this post, feel free to leave a comment below. You can also send us direct feedback from Contact Us below if you so desire. Our mission is to help others through self-discovery and improvement, your journey begins with that first step.
See our shop for branded gear!
Check out Dining in with Danielle for great recipes!
See About Us author information!
Leave feedback, all information comes from our experiences, it can be flawed.
All videos are edited with Sony VEGAS Pro
Our video studio does have a green screen with umbrella lighting
All recording equipment is Sony and our main camera is the HDR-CX675 offering servo steadied filming and 5.1 sound.