Fixing Leaking And Rattling Exhaust
Well, we have to fix our exhaust leaks and rattles caused by some claps we bought on Amazon. We were using the EVIL ENERGY clamp which worked pretty well but after 2 years just didn’t hold up. We went back with some simple clamps, everything is shown below and they worked great. We did have to do a little welding because of a larger gap on the Total Flow Muffler when using the Walker pipe. After everything was done, things sound great!
Parts And Tools:
- Parts And Tools: Walker Front Exhaust Pipe https://amzn.to/2UjnupW
- Walker Tail Pipe https://amzn.to/3kq71uZ
- Walker Exhaust Exhaust Intermediate Pipe “Because The Muffler Is Shorter” https://amzn.to/3ikjuh9
- Walker 2-1/4″ U-Bolt Exhaust Clamp https://amzn.to/3zehwpr
- TOTALFLOW Two-Chamber Universal Muffler https://amzn.to/3ktAR1J
- Metabo HPT Angle Grinder https://amzn.to/36FaC09
- Forney Easy Weld Welder, 120V https://amzn.to/3romDR1
- YESWELDER Large Viewing True Color Solar Powered Auto Darkening Welding Helmet with SIDE VIEW https://amzn.to/3wOq58z
- EULANGDE Premium Split Welders Heat Resistant Leather Cape Sleeve https://amzn.to/3erUPpC
- Welding Sleeves https://amzn.to/3krRoTL
- RAPICCA 16 Inches,932℉, Leather Forge/Mig/Stick Welding Gloves https://amzn.to/3etHTzw
- Milwaukee 18-Volt Drill and Impact Driver Kit: https://amzn.to/366BwxM
- Husky Mechanics Tool Set: https://amzn.to/3kuGUzD
- EVIL ENERGY “Didn’t Hold Up” https://amzn.to/3B9Qxx3
Forney Flux Core Welder Review
The Forney Flux Core Welder we used is their entry-level series that has held up with use using it for years. My son loved it when he first got it because he could learn and it is very easy to use. Now after going to school for welding and using industrial equipment, he would like to upgrade, but that is on his dime. For me, this weld does everything I would need for quick small jobs. If I had to work with thicker metal, would just pull out the arch welder and start melting metal.
Total Flow Muffler Review
The TotalFlow Muffler I think has a great sound for a very budget price. They have a very large selection so you can easily find the right sound for your ride. Now on the size of their pipe for the exhaust, our 2 1/4 pipe seemed a little big. Maybe they sent me the wrong size in the box, but we made it work. Just a little cutting and welding and the exhaust leaks were gone. Also having my son weld instead of me is great, he can really do some pretty welds, there was just a lot of gap to fill and he wanted to hit the trail.
- 00:00 Fixing Our Jeep YJ Exhaust
- 01:36 Jeep Sound With No Cat Or Muffler
- 02:13 Cutting Pipe To Weld To Muffler Replacing Clamps
- 04:09 Using Forney Flux Core Welder To Fix Exhaust
- 07:12 Install Cat-Back Exhaust On Jeep Wrangler
- 09:49 How The TotalFlow 2 Chamber Exhaust Sounds
- 11:06 Must-Have Tools For Flux Core Welding
- 13:55 Final Thoughts On Exhaust Repair With Women’s Perspective.
- 16:59 Outtakes for Exhaust Repair
If you like this and it has helped or you have an idea to improve this post, feel free to leave a comment below. You can also send us direct feedback from Contact Us below if you so desire. Our mission is to help others through self-discovery and improvement, your journey begins with that first step.
See our shop for branded gear!
Check out Dining in with Danielle for great recipes!
See About Us author information!
Leave feedback, all information comes from our experiences, it can be flawed.
All videos are edited with Sony VEGAS Pro
Our video studio does have a green screen with umbrella lighting
All recording equipment is Sony and our main camera is the HDR-CX675 offering servo steadied filming and 5.1 sound.