Remove our Jeep carpet, got to reduce the noise, cut the floor heat, thought we would try Boom Mat. The first thing we had to do was get the carpet out of the jeep and a lot of cleaning, Goo Gone worked great for that. Goo Gone pulled up all the carpet padding glue left on the jeep floor giving us a clean surface to paint on. Once the floor had the Glue and Goo off, we still had to get the oil off left by, Dawn dish soap worked great for this.
Now that our Jeep Wrangler floor is clean we are ready to start spraying the Boom Mat on. Of course here in Florida, we had a little battle with mosquitoes but as soon as we started spraying they went away. The Boom Mat sprayed on very easy, only requiring 3 cans to cover the floor of the jeep and drying to touch in 30 minutes. Not to get dry enough to put the jeep together was another story. The Boom Mat did not like the humidity in Florida, plus we over sprayed in a few spots on the Jeep floor, it took 7 days before we wanted to put the interior back in.
The results of the Boom Mat were great, and the look was awesome with the Bedliner look for the Jeep floor. The Boom Mat felt just as tough as spray Bedliner yet had great sound deading properties. The road noise was reduced also improving the sound of our subwoofer in the Jeep. The heat from the Jeep floor also felt cooler while driving down the road as well.
We would use this product again and our thinking about trying it on our truck doors to improve sound there. Hope this helped you with your choice for a sound deading, heat insolating product.
Used In Video:
- Goo Gone Original Liquid – https://amzn.to/3gvk09M
- Sound Deadening Boom Mat Spray-On Enhance Audio Eliminate Road Noise: https://amzn.to/2PwGpYw
- Milwaukee 18-Volt Compact Drill and Impact Driver Combo Kit: https://amzn.to/3gADrhz
- Husky H230MTS Mechanics Tool Set: https://amzn.to/2DFA0rc
Jump To In Video:
- 2:18 How To Remove Jeep Wrangler Interior
- 2:48 How to Remove Jeep Wrangler Carpet
- 3:54 Using Goo Gone To Remove Car Carpet Glue 5::08 Spraying Boom Mat to Bedline Our Jeep Floor For $40
- 5:08 Spraying Boom Mat to Bedline Our Jeep Floor For $40
- 9:21 Install Jeep interior After Bedlining Floor With Boom Mat
- 13:29 What We Think As Boom Mat Replacing Our Carpet In Our Jeep
See All Our Jeep Projects: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list…
See All Our Boat Projects: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list…
If you like this and it has helped or you have an idea to improve this post, feel free to leave a comment below. You can also send us direct feedback from Contact Us below if you so desire. Our mission is to help others through self-discovery and improvement, your journey begins with that first step.
See our shop for branded gear!
Check out Dining in with Danielle for great recipes!
See About Us author information!
Leave feedback, all information comes from our experiences, it can be flawed.
All videos are edited with Sony VEGAS Pro
Our video studio does have a green screen with umbrella lighting
All recording equipment is Sony and our main camera is the HDR-CX675 offering servo steadied filming and 5.1 sound.