The smell of ATF 4 smells great when your Slip Yoke Seal fails, here we show you have we fix this. My wife was the first to smell this as we clearly showed in the video, my sniffer ain’t that great. As the leak got worst you could see the seal for the transfer case leaking on the floor. You have to fix this, especially on a jeep because you don’t want to run your transfer case dry or fill it with water as you trail and the leak reverses.
We have included all the tools and parts used in this project below. The gasket scaper made it real easy to get through the small gap between the transfer case and the slip yoke seal easily removing it. Once we got the seal replaced our steer drive pump filled the transfer case with new ATF 4 oil quickly while not making a mess. If you have any questions you can comment below and we will respond as quickly as possible.
Tools And Parts:
- Carbon Gasket Scraper: https://amzn.to/3ug9f1F
- Quicksilver 8M0072133 Gear Lube Pump: https://amzn.to/3dA51v5
- Full Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid 1 QT: https://amzn.to/3sU5tec
- Transfer Case Output Shaft Oil Seal: https://amzn.to/3fFIf7t
- Dead Blow Hammer, Neon Orange: https://amzn.to/2OlB49u
- Milwaukee 18-Volt Drill and Impact Driver Kit: https://amzn.to/366BwxM
- Husky Mechanics Tool Set: https://amzn.to/3kuGUzD
Playlist Mentioned In Video:
- Jeep Dana 30 & 35 Ring And Pinion Change 4.10 to 4.88: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9…
- Install Jeep 4-inch Lift Kit And 1-inch Body Lift: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9…
Topics In Video:
- 00:00 How To Replace Rear Transfer Case Slip Yoke Seal
- 02:07 How To Remove A Slip Yoke Driveshaft
- 04:06 How To Remove And Install Slip Hoke Seal
- 06:18 How To Install A SLip Yoke Drive Shaft
- 08:38 Hot To Change Transfer Case Fluid
- 12:19 How To Fill Transfer Case With Oil
- 14:34 Our Final Thoughts Of Slipe Yoke Seal Change On Transfer Case
- 15:44 Bloopers And Outtakes Of Replace Rear Transfer Case Slip Yoke Seal
If you like this and it has helped or you have an idea to improve this post, feel free to leave a comment below. You can also send us direct feedback from Contact Us below if you so desire. Our mission is to help others through self-discovery and improvement, your journey begins with that first step.
See our shop for branded gear!
Check out Dining in with Danielle for great recipes!
See About Us author information!
Leave feedback, all information comes from our experiences, it can be flawed.
All videos are edited with Sony VEGAS Pro
Our video studio does have a green screen with umbrella lighting
All recording equipment is Sony and our main camera is the HDR-CX675 offering servo steadied filming and 5.1 sound.